In the old times, CD/DVD was popular for operating system installation. The operating system images were burned into CD or DVD then the installation was started via CD or DVD. Currently, USB or Flash Drives are popular to install new operating systems like Ubuntu, Windows, Mint, etc.
Rufus is a simple tool which is used to burn the operating system images into the USB or Flash Drives.
Rufus is a simple tool but provides a lot of useful features to create bootable USB/Flash Drive. Here are some of the popular features of Rufus.
- Twice faster then UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool.
- Supports a lot of different languages
- Rufus is an open-source tool which source code can be downloaded from GitHub
- MBR, GPT partition scheme support
- BIOS, UEFI target system support
- FAT32, NTS file system support
- Adjustable cluster size
- Specify the volume name
Rufus is provided for different platforms and operating system. Rufus mainly used for windows operating system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.